a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Portuguese brazillian

bmvsantos7973
New in Town

Portuguese brazillian

Postby bmvsantos7973 » May 30th, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi everyone.

I would like to know why you teach Brazillian Portuguese instead of European Portuguese?
Would you create aspanishpod101 to teach spanish made by argentinians?
I've heard people saying that they want to train "brazillian" language.
I guess i am a little shocked with this :!: :shock:
:? :? :? :? :?

jaehwi
New in Town

Postby jaehwi » June 5th, 2012 5:12 am

Hello bmvsantos7973!

Portuguese language, just like Spanish is spoken in many countries of the world, by so many millions of people!
I understand your question and worry, but I would like to express my point of view on this very interesting matter and maybe help a little.

Of course the language is one, but with some small things that differentiate one another. Especially in the accent. That doesn't mean that one is better than the other, so we have to follow one specific. And it doesn't mean that if you learn the "Brazilian way" you won't be understood by all of these millions.

Think about that: The population in Portugal is 10,5 millions aprox. while the population in Brazil is nearly 200 millions (!). Also don't forget other Portuguese speaking countries ex. Angola (19 millions of people), Cape Verde (600.000 people), Guinea-Bissau (1,7 million), Mozambique (23 millions), São Tomé and Príncipe (200.000) and East Timor (1 million).

I believe that learning a language is not about seeing things either black or white, good or wrong, but it's about giving yourself the knowledge and power to communicate with people around you in the same language (no matter which accent you have etc.) and embrace the cultures and differences of the people behind that language. For example, English is not my first language, but you and me can still communicate right? That's the point! Communication between people :D and we hope that with our lessons you will learn what you need to achieve that :wink:

Good luck with your Portuguese study and in case you have any questions, please let us know! We will be glad to assist!

Stefania/PortuguesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
sashasuman66_16459
New in Town

Re: Portuguese brazillian

Postby sashasuman66_16459 » December 12th, 2014 5:44 am

In the mean time, exactly what kind of advanced lesson material are you looking for? Long complicated dialogues? Or maybe just lessons completely in Portuguese?
sasha

lauralanda
New in Town

Re: Portuguese brazillian

Postby lauralanda » December 22nd, 2014 5:25 am

Hi PortuguesePod101.com Listeners!

Please, find the basic Survival Phrases for both here:

Brazilian Portuguese: http://www.portuguesepod101.com/2010/06 ... thank-you/
European Portuguese: http://www.portuguesepod101.com/2013/07 ... ortuguese/

Let us know if you have questions.
Cheers!
Laura