a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

FlahsCards

bretkauffmann8333
New in Town

FlahsCards

Postby bretkauffmann8333 » November 7th, 2011 12:14 pm

PortuguesePod101 Team,
The FlashCards feature is still really buggy. It just keeps saying the same word over and over even though you're advancing to different words.
You can't come out of beta with bugs like this. They're showstoppers.
Thanks,
-Bret

bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

Postby bradenchase » November 9th, 2011 12:20 am

Olá Bret! Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the flash cards. I'll notify the tech team ASAP. What word(s) is(are) causing the problem? :oops:

Get 40% OFF
bretkauffmann8333
New in Town

Re: FlashCard Bug

Postby bretkauffmann8333 » November 9th, 2011 1:53 pm

Braden,
Thanks for the reply.
I couldn't remember which word it was and I wasn't able to recreate the problem either.
So maybe it fixed itself!

There is another bug though where some of the text is falling in the wrong place.
I use Chrome on Win7.

I have a screenshot I can send if you want. Just let me know where.

Please keep up the great work!
Bret[/img]

bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

Postby bradenchase » November 9th, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi Bret!

I'm glad to hear that issue was taken care of. The audio not working severely inhibits the usefulness of the flashcards. I sent you a quick message with an email address for you to send that screenshot to. We just did a big update on the flashcards so we have a lot of people looking at them right now, especially the tech team. As soon as I get the screenshot, I'll post it to them.

Thanks for the help and I'm glad you like the lessons!
Braden

bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

Postby bradenchase » November 11th, 2011 10:39 am

Hey bret!

I never got that screenshot. Could you send it to with the link to this page?

Best,
Braden

gerozimmermann8999
New in Town

Postby gerozimmermann8999 » February 26th, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi guys,
First off, I just want to say thanks for a great site. It's really helping my portuguese. But i've noticed a few problems with the flashcard feature so I hope it's ok to jump in on an old thread.
One thing is that when importing lesson vocabulary to an existing list, it's happened several times that one or two of the words are repeated many time within the list and I have to unselect the duplicates just before importing.
Secondly, the quality of the core lists (at least 200 and 300) is rather poor. For many of the words the english just says 'new' and for several others the audio doesn't match what's written. I've gone through and picked out the good ones to use but it would be nice just to be able to use the whole list.
I've got a couple of screen shots if that helps but didn't see a way to attached them here. Let me know if you want me to email them.

Oh, one more question and the flash cards, but not really a technical one. I'm just starting to learn, but some of the words on the core 100/200 lists sounds like they are continental portuguese. Is that right? It's a bit confusing to have the mixed pronunciation.

Much thanks,
Gero

pgbowman
New in Town

Postby pgbowman » February 27th, 2012 1:48 am

Hi Gero,

Thank you very much for your comment. We really appreciate the feedback.

We're sorry to hear, though, that you're having problems importing lesson vocabulary into lists. I'll pass your issue on to the tech team. They are continuously working to improve the system, and your feedback will definitely be helpful.

I'm having a little trouble reproducing the problem you're having with the Core Word list over on my end, though. Could you tell me what web browser and operating system you are using? The core word list is entirely in Brazilian Portuguese, and the issues you're having sound like they have some kind of technical basis.

Thank you again for your comment, and your patience.

Peyton

gerozimmermann8999
New in Town

Postby gerozimmermann8999 » February 27th, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Peyton,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm having this problem on a Max (OS X) and PC(Win 7) both running current versions of Chrome.
The exact steps to encounter the problem for me are like this:
My Tools -> My Flashcards -> edit 'My Wordbank'-> Click 'Add new cards'
When in the Deck Manager, select 'Core Wordlists' -> Core 300 -> Everyday Words -> Common Adjectives.
In the list at the bottom the portuguese version for the words 'serious' and 'tired' is 'new'. This is also the case for several other words within this and other lists.
Note that if I go directly to the Core Wordlists under Reference Material, then the lists seem fine. However, if I click the 'Add Core 300 to my flashcards' button, a deck is added like it should but it contains no cards at all.

Thanks for looking into these issues on an other wise great site.

best,
Gero

gerozimmermann8999
New in Town

Postby gerozimmermann8999 » March 13th, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi guys,
Are there any updates on the issues with the flashcards and core word lists? I noticed that all but the core 100 list have disappeared from the site, but I'm still having issues with duplicate words when importing lesson vocabulary.
Thanks for looking into it.

cheers,
-gero

pgbowman
New in Town

Postby pgbowman » March 14th, 2012 7:56 am

Hi Gero,

Thank you for your patience. Our tech team is currently working on the issue.

As for the other Wordlists, you can still access them by clicking on the Core 101 list and selecting the different levels at the top of the page. Those menus are undergoing something of a redesign to make them easier to use. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you very much, and please feel free to check in on the problem at any time. We really appreciate your continuing support.

Peyton

gerozimmermann8999
New in Town

Postby gerozimmermann8999 » May 16th, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Guys,
Any update on getting the core word lists into better shape?
I just started looking at the Core 600 and 47 of the 98 cards in the deck say "new" for the portuguese side of the card, making them useless.
thanks for looking into this.

cheers,
-gero

gerozimmermann8999
New in Town

Postby gerozimmermann8999 » May 16th, 2012 6:18 pm

Just a quick follow up on my previous post. In the core 600, of the remaining cards there are 10 more where the audio does not match what is written on the card making them useless as well. So that mean that only half the cards are actually useful in this set.
I really like the lessons and the concept of the flashcard functionality but it's rather irritating to have to filter out half the cards because they are bad. I hope you guys can get this fixed.

jaehwi
New in Town

Hi

Postby jaehwi » May 20th, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi

Thank you for the follow up. As for the audio-text matching issue,we're working on fixing the issue one by one.

We'll be following the audio when we update the lesson, so if that sounds fine, you leave them in your deck card. Then it will be automatically updated when the word is fixed later.

Thank you again for the post. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you.

Jae / PortuguesePod101.com

gerozimmermann8999
New in Town

Postby gerozimmermann8999 » May 29th, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
It doesn't really make sense to study the cards now with the wrong audio so I will have to leave them out of my decks. But really I think the fact that many (almost half) of some of the cards in the core word lists don't have a portuguese translation on them at all is a bigger problem.

I also wanted to make another point on the flashcards. On the main MyFlashCards screen that displays all my decks, the number of cards due does not match what is actually due once I go into a particular deck. This is happening for all of my decks. For example, Core 700 might say 10 cards due now on the main screen but once I open the deck there are no cards actually due for review. It is always in the same direction, ie. it says there is something due when there isn't, it never says there isn't something due when there is.
This problem makes it so I have to open every single deck to actually see if there are cards due on that deck or not. It's pretty annoying...

Again, the lessons are really good but this Flashcard feature really needs some work.

Thanks again for your attention to these problems.

JC94583
New in Town

No example sentences in my Flashcards

Postby JC94583 » May 30th, 2012 8:39 pm

Good afternoon,

I am new to the site and it is really great. It is really helping me with my Portuguese.

I do however have a problem with my Flash Cards. I do not see any example sentences in any of my Flash Cards. Is there a problem or am I simply not understanding how to use them? Perhaps I have to load the sentences.

Some advice/help is appreciated.

Many thanks

John[/b]

Return to “Technical Support”