a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Beginner lessons

verandahbarr9885
New in Town

Beginner lessons

Postby verandahbarr9885 » May 31st, 2011 12:30 pm

So i was super excited to see the (non-absolute) beginner category come up :D
I hope we'll start seeing some lessons come up soon, and hopefully more regularly than the fortnightly absolute beginner ones.
At the moment i only listen to absolute beginner and pronunciation lessons which is fun but it's rather slow and full of English.
It'd be great if in the beginner series you can start saying some of the phrases that we've been hearing over and over again in English in Portuguese instead, e.g."let's listen to the conversation", "braden here, this is absolute beginner lesson season X" "the fastest easiest and most fun way to learn portuguese" "in the dialog we heard".
I don't know if other people find it the same but I think i'd find the lessons more engaging if there were more lessons but less grammar explanations in english per lesson. However, maybe it's just because i've studied Spanish and French that i find these sections drag on a little.
Hope you guys are enjoying recording a new level of lessons!

bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

Postby bradenchase » June 1st, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Veranda!

Yes! We will soon be posting two new series. The details are still top secret ;-) but I can tell you we'll have Absolute Beginner Season 2 and it will be every week, not every other week like it is now. We've had a lot of requests for an Intermediate level series so that may be posted before the beginner series but...maybe not :-)

As far as the repetitive phrase are concerned, we've had mixed feedback. Some people think we already do too many (it is Absolute Beginner after all) and others (like yourself) not enough. In an attempt to make as many people happy as possible (very important in Brazilian culture) we decided that the first season of each series will have almost everything in English except the topics the lesson focuses on. In the second season we'll do the switch and from there on keep it in Portuguese. So, this new Absolute Beginner 2 will start the transition to the Portuguese and stay with it from their on but Beginner Season 1 will still have the English with Beginner 2 having mostly Portuguese. Same with the other levels.

Do you speak Spanish and French? If you do, that's awesome! I completely understand why it seems to drag.

What other phrases do you think would be good for us to "translate"?

Get 40% OFF
verandahbarr9885
New in Town

Postby verandahbarr9885 » June 13th, 2011 5:10 am

Wow sounds like you´ve got everything under control. Hope the series start soon. It'll be great to have weekly lessons!
My french is very dodgy but i can get by pretty well in spanish :)
thanks!

bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

Postby bradenchase » June 13th, 2011 8:32 pm

Anytime!

ralfschmidjfk_16454
New in Town

Re: Beginner lessons

Postby ralfschmidjfk_16454 » November 11th, 2014 11:13 am

Seriously feels like you´ve got every little thing in order. Trust the actual string begin before long. It will be great to own weekly lessons!
Our france is quite phony although i will slide by pretty much inside spanish: )
thank you!
ralfschLion

palomashirozu
New in Town

Re: Beginner lessons

Postby palomashirozu » November 19th, 2014 9:49 am

Oi ralfschmidjfk,

Thanks for your comment!
We hope you're enjoying our lessons and that your Spanish and French will help you learning Portuguese faster!

Sincerely,
Paloma
Team PortuguesePod101.com

Return to “Portuguese Lesson Suggestions”