Start Learning Portuguese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

One of My Favorite Restaurants!

bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

One of My Favorite Restaurants!

Postby bradenchase » July 10th, 2010 3:41 am

I'm starting this topic because, when I travel, one of the most difficult parts is finding great places to eat.

I'll start it off with a fantastic restaurant in Niterói called "à mineira." Niterói is just across the bay from Rio de Janeiro.

"à mineira" has a beautiful view of the ocean and has an impressive selection of some of the best food in Brazil, comida mineira. I had lunch there and felt full until the next day! And the price is very reasonable.

Where's your favorite restaurant? Rio? Recife? Curitiba? Lisbon? Manaus?

andreiyuriyev174727
New in Town

são paulo

Postby andreiyuriyev174727 » February 25th, 2012 1:58 am

hey there i have a friend in são paulo and he told me when i do go to brazil he will take me to the best resturant in his neighbourhood called "a casa de minha avó'' or his grandmothers house XD i think resturants are good to go to but if you have the real live traditional home made meal nothing beats that am i right guys?

Get 40% OFF
bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

Postby bradenchase » February 25th, 2012 12:21 pm

That restaurant sounds yummy! And I agree with you, When I need a homemade Brazilian meal it's way better than any restaurant.

I'm unfamiliar with this specific restaurant, but you'll often find small, home-based restaurants in Brazil. In my experience, these restaurants have the best tasting food because they're cooked in the same homemade style.

Thanks andreiyuriyev! Great comment!

jeffriesbill3312
New in Town

One of my favorite restaurants

Postby jeffriesbill3312 » February 26th, 2012 6:33 am

I love the seafood when going out to eat in Fortaleza. João de bacalhau has great seafood, great service, and was the first restaurant my wife and I ate at together. Of course , I love eating the home cooked meals in her parents home. Café de manha, almoço e janta. Tapioca for café de manha, saudade!

bradenchase
Been Around a Bit

Postby bradenchase » February 27th, 2012 1:39 pm

You've made me want to visit Fortaleza! I've never been there but I love bacalhau (cod fished). A tapioca nordestina é a melhor.

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Portuguese”